The random post: Encounter with my first car

I've had some sort of strange encounter with my old car. Story's like this: I was walking down this parking lot, and as I walked under the horrific sun and heat of this Caribbean Island I live in, I noticed something that called my attention. 
A car. 
It's specific matte color made it stand out. My first car.
Example of my car. Not the real one.
Yes, my old car. I prefer new modern cars to old ones, with the exception of some classic muscle cars (Camaro). My car was special to me. Why? Reason #1 its because it was my very first car. As I have mentioned in one of my older posts, my first car was a 1989 Accord LX. It was a family car before it was mine. And boy, do I have memories on that car! My father gave it to me when I started university. It was nothing fancy, actually. The paint was faded, it looked like a matte sand color instead of the metallic gold it was. My dad bought rims for my car as a gift, and I had to bring their shine back, as they were all faded too. So, after being polished, I had nearly new-like rims for my car. I put on a music system and my car was finally mine. After some time, I bought it blue led's for the side lamps of the front. Put on some stickers on it and there it was. 
My car. #^!*'s Car. (Secret agents don't reveal their names lol!). But my car had a gift. I know it had it. It could tell when I got some money on my wallet, because those were precisely the moments it decided to break. And honestly, the parts costs were almost the same quantity I had on my wallet. 
How my car reacted when I had some $
No kidding! I think that car used to be Jean's or Prof. X car! It knew how much I had and what part to brake that had more or less the same cost. After university, I can say that once I even got like 7 persons inside my car. Real life, normal sized 4 persons in the rear seats, 2 really slender persons on the front passenger's seat, seated side by side, and me, the driver. It was a really fun time. We were laughing all the way until we got where we were headed. Another time I faced a near death experience (I'm exaggerating lol!), it was raining, heavy rain, I recall there was a tropical depression passing over the area, and I was driving on the highway. I had a Corolla besides me (I dislike Corolla's) and I drove my Accord. In one part there was a water pond, big, on the road, and I didn't even saw it. So I drove over it at nearly 60 MPH when my car suddenly lost all control and started to go on zig zags across the lane I was in. I started to control the car, until I regain control over it again. Needless to say, my heart was about to get out of my chest and go all M.I.A. that day, not to mention I barely hit the Corolla like four times until the other driver saw me and got some distance. I just putted on my sunglasses and pretended nothing ever happened and got ahead of every car that saw me.
I made a stop, of course, to breathe and let my hands shake their way through, then I bought a chocolate milkshake at a fast food, you know, to calm my nerves (Excuse). After I started working, I got the chance to update my car, new parts that were starting to give problems, a licence less underage girl hit my car at a marker parking just because she wanted to move the car from slot, but then her father came out and he got me an arrangement where he would fix up my car if I didn't called the cops on her. Mom was with me that day, and she knew the girls mom, so she told me to accept (moms...). But he did fix my car. For free. But the day comes when you see your first car, and the car your work partners have, and your friends, and you just want a new one. And even if it ain't a new one, one that maybe is faster, prettier, or I Don't know, something else. After some time, I bought myself a new car. An Eclipse 1999. The one in the Fast & Furious movie that Paul Walker drives (Paul was the best). But, an used car from another person means that you have to update (I'm an IT guy so I sometimes use some IT terms) your car as well as the one you had, so after I made all this, I decided to sell my first car. It was a hard decision, one that only my best friend helped me to achieve (I couldn't put my car on the online classifieds so I handed over the tablet to him and I told him: "You do it". True story.) And after two days this person called and he ended up buying it. Goodbye Accord. Sad day to human history, but cash rewards it lol!. Now, I have my first car, the one I could buy by myself, the Eclipse, and my dad gave me a solar yellow 2000 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner edition ( Dads :-D ). It's fun to have more than one car, and the Frontier is way more easy to park, anyways! 

And after reminiscing all those memories, I just kept walking, leaving my first car behind.




Comments

Popular Posts

200

Evo FE

Old Cars: Reborn