The CT

I first saw it when I went to L.A. back in 2012. Since that day, this compact hybrid car has caught my attention. It's the Lexus CT200h.

After I fell in love with this Lexus, I started digging some info from the web and then the bummer part came. It has a Prius engine and it's based on Corolla's chassis or something related, I read somewhere. And even though I really don't like Corolla's or Prius, I just couldn't keep my eyes from this car. Sporty, lower, and with some really nice lines on it's design, the Lexus CT200 has been a favorite since then. As I drove, I passed near this local Lexus dealer, and the CT200h was in exhibition. As I couldn't stop and take my time to see the car up close (it was a blue CT, I like blue), I went to their website and saw the CT200h F Sport. What a nice looking car, inside and outside. Prices (as expected by a luxury car company) the Lexus starting price (CT200h) goes around $31,000. There are a ton of packs you can add to your car, expensive packs, of course! This car has an available Lexus Enform App Suite, this let's you access apps through the center console display. I'm not a big fan of "car apps" or apps like Facebook showing up in my info screen, as I have stated before in one of my blog posts.

Now, I DO like music, and this car comes equipped with 10 speakers for a premium sound quality. It also has a voice activated navigation system, that gives you traffic, weather, 3D city views, and it points the nearest gas station if you are running low on gas. Nice, but I like Cortana to handle my GPS lol!

On the performance part of this car, 0-60 MPH is achieved in 9.8 seconds, not the fastest car around. It has some 134 HP inline 4 cylinder engine with 1.8L, getting up to 112 MPH top speed.
The CT200h F Sport has standard black leather trim interiors with an LFA inspired steering wheel. The sportier design is a little bit compensated with the F Sport tuned suspension that offers a more impressive handling. With efficiency in mind, this car's A/C system works electrically, with no need of the car being turned on. A thing I liked is that it has Yamaha and MacPherson suspension and dampers systems, increasing the rigidity of the car and improving the driving experience.
Up to four driving modes are offered in this compact hybrid: EV mode operates the car on battery power, Eco mode increases fuel efficiency by leveling both throttle and engine power, Normal mode provides balance for more engine performance, and finally the Sport mode offers thrilling throttle response and a better driving feel.
I have never liked Toyota's Corolla and Prius. And some of the Lexus out there look like if they were meant to be owned by really old people or rich people. But the CT has some sort of balance on both aspects. It looks like a sportier looking luxury compact car, not like a really expensive (even though it is expensive) car and definitely not like a hybrid car. A good car for people who like sports car but are starting with a family? Maybe. But it's definitely a good car for a daily driver (work, school) as it will save up your gas expenses for sure.
Hope you've liked my post, make sure to follow me on Twitter,Google+ and Facebook.




Comments

Popular Posts

200

Evo FE

Old Cars: Reborn