What is a... Gripz? Part II

Well, according to Nissan, a sportier compact crossover aimed at younger buyers and inspired in the Datsun 240Z that won the African Rally race I mentioned in the last post, and, oh yeah, I can't forget the road bike inspiration there too.Below the Nissan Newsroom YouTube Channel introducing the Gripz.



You can see a couple of hints of their bike inspiration here and there across the car, like the bike wheel shapes on the steering wheel, the seats, the "frame" dash, the saddle arm rest, and some other things. One thing I really liked is the sport swatch gauges. Inside, yes, totally a concept car. On the outside, well, I see more Juke there than anything else, but they want to reinvent the sports car, so yeah, in a future we might see a Z crossover, sadly. The way the doors open, totally a concept car there too.

Personal opinion here. The Gripz is a very nice, futuristic concept of a crossover. I would like to see some of their designs of the Gripz on a Juke in the near future, like the boomerang headlamps and the "floating" glass roof. Perhaps even the basic structure of the Gripz, and by structure I mean the side design, would look really nice on a Z, not a big steroids shaped Z, but a compact, 2 door Z.

So that's it. Until now, no official Z badges anywhere yet. Hints of a possible Z crossover, I really think that's the direction Nissan wants to go. I just hope Nissan doesn't let us down like they did with the IdX (because I really wanted an IdX).

Thanks for reading, Share, Like and Comment.


Comments

Popular Posts

200

Evo FE

Old Cars: Reborn