The Random Post: Renting a car

Recently, I rented a car for a long trip with my family. I wanted it to be a large car for five persons and storage for our luggage and stuff, since we were staying over with family on another town for a couple of days. The place where I went had only few choices, most of them Ford. They also had a couple of Hyundai Sonata, Ford Fusion, Explorer, and a Taurus. At first I thought the Sonata, but then there wouldn't be enough space for our luggage. The Fusion seemed like the logical choice, because the Explorer's daily rent was more expensive. But then, for five more dollars, I could take the Taurus. At first it felt like such a heavy and bulky car (because I drive a two door coupe, and the Taurus is big and bulky), but it had such a nice mix of elegance, sportiness, and comfort that I was, after a few minutes driving it, in love with it. It was the SEL model, that had black leather interiors, a very nice sound system with satellite radio, the Sync (which works just awesome), and has a V6 with independent suspension on it (or so I read lol) and to be honest it drove and responded very well on wet roads and had a very nice acceleration. I got to say that I like playing with the technology in the cars, so I took like two ours before going out with my family understanding Sync and the function of the many many buttons it has on the steering wheel. I also played a bit with the touch buttons (if that's how they can be called, because they are touch, not buttons to hit... Wow this is hard to explain), of the A/C and radio, even though the radio can be completely managed by the buttons on the steering wheel and with the Sync commands (the A/C can be somewhat controlled with Sync too). My family and I really enjoyed the trip and the car too, so much that they said that for the next trip, they want the Taurus again!
I have been very busy with projects and works from the University, reason why I haven't been able to post anything lately. I'm back! So make sure to like if you liked this and share! And follow me on G+ under the name of A Blog of Cars.
    :-D


Comments

Popular Posts

200

Evo FE

Old Cars: Reborn